24 July 2008

Mission Statement

"We are called to be a home for God, a prepared room where he can live and pour out his life and love." That quote from a devotional by Sheila Walsh sums up what I want for myself and for this blog; I hope that this is a place where you'll find encouragement, inspiration, and sometimes a good laugh. I have another blog that I use primarily as a Bible study tool, but Rose Cottage is where I attempt to live out what Christ is teaching me. There aren't many subjects off-limits here, but my young daughter reads this blog, so there are some topics and challenges in my life I just don't discuss. Also, some ministries and things I'm involved with require confidentiality. But I do try to be as "real" as possible in hopes that you'll be able to see Christ's light shining through me.

My goal is to keep learning every day of my life, and to use every bit of talent God gave me. I’m nothing special on my own; I’m just a little clay pot that gets it’s value from the treasure inside - and that’s Jesus Christ.
2 Corinthians 4:7 “We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure.This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.”
Read my testimony-story here: "Lead or Follow?"

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top