
I don't remember how I stumbled upon this blog, but I love, love, love the meme she has started and I am joining in the fun! It's called "My Husband Rocks" and it's a chance to share how wonderful your spouse is--what a refreshingly fabulous idea for a meme! I hope you'll visit her and even join in yourself!

Now, I admit that I have an unfair advantage, because my husband really does rock! He loves to play around with our classic acoustic guitar, but mostly he plays bass guitar in the praise band at church -- we have some really great contemporary worship music at church!
If I told you all the fabulous things Ken ever does, this post would be w-a-y too long, and my thoughts would most likely jump all over the place, so I'll focus just on things that have made me have that swoony feeling about him this week. For instance, one day this weekend, I was barefoot (a frequent occurance) when we went outside, and it didn't take long for me to realize the concrete was entirely too hot! I was hanging out in any shady or grassy spots I could find. When we decided it was time to go in, Ken just swooped me up and carried me newlywed-style back to the front door. Now, isn't that sweet?
And there was the time this week when he made a special effort to spend a little extra time with a boy who doesn't have a father figure in his life. That boy just drank in Ken's attention.
Another day this week, I was having some self-doubts, not thinking very well of myself or my abilities. Those times aren't very frequent, but Ken is always encouraging without just telling me to "get over it," and that means so much to me. He is so patient, even when I'm being a pain in the neck.
We've been working hard, trying to get our fledgling photography business going and he has put in a great deal of thought and work into our planning, researching equipment and such, and in doing the technical stuff on our website. (We just updated it, so I'd love for you to check out the site!) Our ideas and styles are different but complementary, and working with him is such a pleasure. I love being able to say that about my husband!
very small wedding in March of 2005... aren't we cute?]
Lately, I've been learning so much about being married--about what that really means. I am married to a wonderful man, but much of my love and enthusiasm about how great he is really comes from making a choice to appreciate him. I could sit around and dwell on a few little things that annoy me, and I could ignore all the fabulous things he does and the ways he helps me with things that aren't really his responsibility; if that's what I chose to do and how I chose to think, then our marriage wouldn't be nearly as wonderful. He chooses to appreciate and adore me, too, and he overlooks my quirkiness and my not-so-splendid moods. This is what makes us have a beautiful marriage, and it's only possible because we both love Christ and try to keep him at the center of our lives and our marriage. And that is why my husband rocks!Stop in and visit my talented hubby at Ken's Place, his awesome photo blog!

