14 August 2008

1st Grade ~ 1979

Around here, school is back in session. Of course we, as homeschoolers, can start whenever we want, so we actually started a few weeks ago. Anyway, in honor of all those back-to-schoolers and all the moms sending their young'uns off for the first day of school, I bring you a Sincerely Fro' Me to You... Jamie ~ first gradeOf course, we've already established that I loved Star Wars, so this metal lunchbox was a big hit with me, and probably with most of the boys at school (I liked hanging out with the boys better than the girls anyway). I am again sporting the Dorothy Hamil-ish hairdo, and although the picture does not show much of my jean pockets, I'm sure I was sporting an embroidered butterfly or unicorn on my rear. I like the pose here: hand on the door, waiting to get out the door to school, trying to humor my mother, but having no clue just WHY she wants to get this picture. Now that I'm a mom, I get it. According to Mom, this was actually my second day of 1st grade. Somewhere there is a photo of my first day, in a totally matching yellow terrycloth shorts outfit with matching plastic barrette in my hair, but the photo quality was worse, so this is the photo you get today. {grin}


P.S. ~ I just found THIS on another blog -- if you ever liked Star Wars, you'll love it!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top