13 September 2008

The Happy Housekeeper

Because I sometimes write about serious things, some of my dear blog friends who don't know me that well in real life might be under the impression that I'm a fairly serious gal. I do have a rather serious side... but mostly I'm a great big goofball. Want proof? Take a look at this photo:

happy housekeeping
I love vintage stuff: dishes, furnishings, clothes, even vintage style hair-dos and make-up. And I dearly love old movies, especially those from the 1940's--they just don't make 'em like that anymore. Whenever an occasion calls for me to go formal--which is about once in a blue moon--I try to go vintage-style. Even in my wedding, my dress was vintage-inspired.

I'm trying to type up my favorite recipes to make a nifty and well-organized recipe book with a scrapbookish flavor. (I do love to be organized!) I have a couple of lovely old cookbooks, including one from 1911, and they crack me up with how things are worded, so I'm taking excerpts from them to add to my recipe pages. I should also tell you about another talent I haven't shared with you: I have a fabulously cheesy advertising voice when I'm reading these little bits of old-fashioned wisdom aloud. In fact, I can't read them in a normal voice.

That should partly explain the cheesy photo above. Ken was playing around with lights one day, and my hair actually looked good, so I was playing model. I was serious for some shots, but then I decided to get silly. Once I'd thrown on the apron (homemade by me, remember?) with that red dress and red lipstick, I felt like one of those 1950's housewives in a vintage ad. So I added some text to this photo yesterday to make it look a little like a magazine.

When I'm done with this little cookbook-scrapbook project, I'll let you know how it turned out!

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top