05 September 2008

Remembering Cameron

Oh my goodness, y'all. There are no words, but that never seems to stop me for searching for some anyway.

This morning I have been so blessed by one of the sweet moms of a dear baby we photographed for NILMDTS about three months ago. She found my blog (through our photography website, I'm guessing) and left me a comment on my last post to tell me that she has written a bit of her son's story on the NILMDTS website. If you'd like to read her words about Cameron, go here and then scroll down to the fifth row, the last photo on the right.

Shirley said in her comment that she didn't know if I'd remember her. Oh, yes, we do! Every NILMDTS family and every one of the precious babies we photograph make a huge impression on me. I can see them vividly in my mind and I remember all their names. When we photographed Cameron, the room was packed full of family and friends there to offer support to Cameron's mommy and daddy, who had made the difficult decision to remove Cameron from life support. We took some photos while he was still connected to life support, and as Shirley changed his little diaper, I remember thinking how much we take those "ordinary" moments for granted. She and the nurse put a beautiful little gown on him, and everyone said he looked just like an angel. CameronHe hadn't been expected to live after his birth, but God blessed them with three weeks; he wasn't expected to live more than a few minutes after removing life support, but God gave them a couple more hours. The photo she chose for the site (at right) is one of my favorites, too; as soon as that breathing tube was removed, Cameron opened his eyes and looked so peaceful. Mom and Dad finally got to hold Cameron without tubes to get in the way. They could cuddle him and give him a lifetime of love in that brief time. There were lots of tears in that room, but there was a sense of peace and hope, too, because they knew Christ. Shirley says in their story accompanying that photo, "... to Cameron, mommy and daddy love you always and forever and we will see you again!"

Thank you, Shirley for finding me and for your kinds words. Thank you for allowing us to be part of Cameron's precious life. I pray that God will continue to comfort you.


** Note: I don't usually post photos of our NILMDTS babies; however, since Shirley felt comfortable posting this one and sharing it with the world, I will, too. I want the world to know how beautiful he was, and to know a little more about what NILMDTS tries to do... capture a lifetime of memories in just a few moments. If you have a chance (and some Kleenex), visit the Image Gallery at NILMDTS and read a few of the stories there. And say a prayer for all the families who have experienced the loss of a child.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top