If you haven't figured this out by now, I like to play around with my blog design. {grin} In the process, I've actually learned quite a bit about html code. Maybe you'd like to tweak your own blog a bit, so I thought it would be nice to share a few sites where I get my backgrounds & such, and a few sites where I learned what I know about blog design.
My current templates here & on Rambling Rose are both some of the free templates offered on Split Decisionz. (Thanks, Amy!) All I had to do was customize my headers, and of course, play around with a few minor tweaky things to suit my personal preferences.
I made Kathryn's header, but her blog background comes from Shabby Chic Blogs. And they're all free! (I like free!)
My previous blog header and buttons came from The Shabby Shoppe. Sometimes they offer free things for digital scrapbooking, and occasionally for blogs. All their stuff is adorable. I bought that one for $2.50. It's the only thing I have ever spend money on for my blog. Very cute, but I don't ever plan to buy anything again. If I can't find what I want for free, I'll learn to make it myself.
I've played around with free templates from The Cutest Blog on the Block, and there are many to choose from. They are also very easy to use. But my big complaint is that they all have a big ol' tag at the top advertising where they came from. I'm all for giving credit where credit is due, but I don't want it distracting from my blog. Still, like I said, they are easy, there is a lot of variety there, and they're super-easy to use.
For just plain learning about customization, there are two main sites I've used. Split Decisionz again, and Tips for New Bloggers. I've also found a few useful things at Moms Who Blog.
Of course there are a lot more wonderful sources of information and such, but these are ones I've personally used. Just do a google search for what you're looking for, and have fun blogging!

My current templates here & on Rambling Rose are both some of the free templates offered on Split Decisionz. (Thanks, Amy!) All I had to do was customize my headers, and of course, play around with a few minor tweaky things to suit my personal preferences.
I made Kathryn's header, but her blog background comes from Shabby Chic Blogs. And they're all free! (I like free!)
My previous blog header and buttons came from The Shabby Shoppe. Sometimes they offer free things for digital scrapbooking, and occasionally for blogs. All their stuff is adorable. I bought that one for $2.50. It's the only thing I have ever spend money on for my blog. Very cute, but I don't ever plan to buy anything again. If I can't find what I want for free, I'll learn to make it myself.
I've played around with free templates from The Cutest Blog on the Block, and there are many to choose from. They are also very easy to use. But my big complaint is that they all have a big ol' tag at the top advertising where they came from. I'm all for giving credit where credit is due, but I don't want it distracting from my blog. Still, like I said, they are easy, there is a lot of variety there, and they're super-easy to use.
For just plain learning about customization, there are two main sites I've used. Split Decisionz again, and Tips for New Bloggers. I've also found a few useful things at Moms Who Blog.
Of course there are a lot more wonderful sources of information and such, but these are ones I've personally used. Just do a google search for what you're looking for, and have fun blogging!


