
As a kid, I spent a lot of time watching reruns of old TV shows from the 1950's. I'm sure that Father Knows Best, the old Lassie show, and Leave it to Beaver contributed to my penchant for all things retro. And I love those clothes, but wouldn't all that vacuuming in high heels contribute to back troubles?
I feel compelled to explain something: You see, based upon my header description, it might sound like I am a gal who's got it all together. All those things in my header are indeed true: I am a happily married wife, and I feel like being a mama was God's plan for me all along. I'm proud of being a homemaker. I love homeschooling. I imbibe great quantities of tea, and frequently have tea parties with Kathryn and/or my grown-up friends. I love books, and often feel sad when I come to the end of a good one. I do have a lovely flower garden. My husband and I are professional photographers, and we also donate our photography services for charity work, too.
Like I said, it might sound like I've got it all together, but that's far from the truth! In reality, I am just a silly girl with a fondness for old-fashioned lingo from decades past; I'm a neat freak who finds joy in organization and has a hankering for oodles of bookshelves. I'm a good cook, but a terrible meal planner. I don't trim the dog's toenails often enough, and I despise cleaning the shower but can't tolerate a dirty one. I am an odd combination of homebody and social butterfly. I'm delightfully happy when swing dancing, and I think cheesy old movies (with dancing!) are the cat's meow.
But above and beyond all of that, I'm just a sinner who is eternally grateful for a God who loves me despite my mistakes. I've learned the hard way, through rebelling against Him, that the Father really does know best. I hope I never present myself as having it all together, because I know that anything and everything I manage to accomplish is because of Christ in me. I'm a clay pot whose value is based only upon what is contained inside (2 Corinthians 4:7), and if you are ever impressed by anything I do or say, please know that is only me being the moon, and reflecting the Son.

I feel compelled to explain something: You see, based upon my header description, it might sound like I am a gal who's got it all together. All those things in my header are indeed true: I am a happily married wife, and I feel like being a mama was God's plan for me all along. I'm proud of being a homemaker. I love homeschooling. I imbibe great quantities of tea, and frequently have tea parties with Kathryn and/or my grown-up friends. I love books, and often feel sad when I come to the end of a good one. I do have a lovely flower garden. My husband and I are professional photographers, and we also donate our photography services for charity work, too.
Like I said, it might sound like I've got it all together, but that's far from the truth! In reality, I am just a silly girl with a fondness for old-fashioned lingo from decades past; I'm a neat freak who finds joy in organization and has a hankering for oodles of bookshelves. I'm a good cook, but a terrible meal planner. I don't trim the dog's toenails often enough, and I despise cleaning the shower but can't tolerate a dirty one. I am an odd combination of homebody and social butterfly. I'm delightfully happy when swing dancing, and I think cheesy old movies (with dancing!) are the cat's meow.But above and beyond all of that, I'm just a sinner who is eternally grateful for a God who loves me despite my mistakes. I've learned the hard way, through rebelling against Him, that the Father really does know best. I hope I never present myself as having it all together, because I know that anything and everything I manage to accomplish is because of Christ in me. I'm a clay pot whose value is based only upon what is contained inside (2 Corinthians 4:7), and if you are ever impressed by anything I do or say, please know that is only me being the moon, and reflecting the Son.


