It's not Thanksgiving yet, but I really do try to keep a thankful heart every day of the year, not just on the fourth Thursday of November.
Today, I am overflowing with gratitude...
One morning several months ago, I said a prayer that I often say: "Lord, please use me to bless someone today." I believe He always answers this prayer, but most of the time, I'll never know how He choses to do it. Anyway, on this particular day, I met someone who seemed to feel a little out of place in her surroundings (been there & it's never fun!) so I volunteered myself as her pal for the day. In allowing me to be a small blessing to her that day, God gave me an even bigger blessing: her friendship. Since that day, she and I have enjoyed tea parties at my house, lunches out, doggie play dates, and more. Today was one of those tea parties. (She makes a splendid cucumber sandwich!)
On Sunday, I had one of those days where it seemed that everything everyone said to me--during our Sunday school lesson, through the sermon, and even in casual conversations--was coming directly from God right out of my teachers/pastor/friends mouths. He's been doing it all week. It amazes me that God cares so much about me, to speak straight to me that way. I wonder just how big this thing is that He's teaching me, and I'm a little amused and humbled by His persistance in making sure I "get it." (Thank you, Lord, for knowing I'm hard-headed sometimes and loving me anyway!)
And today, more "kisses from God," to borrow a new phrase I love. More ways He shows me how much He loves me, how much He cares about the minute details of my life. Today's mail brought the tangible blessings of written words of encouragement and gratitude. It also brought blessings that left me speechless. But that (the speechlessness!) never lasts long {grin}, and I am just so full that I had to spill a little of my gratitude to my Savior for loving me so much. And thank you, friends, for letting Him use you in big and small ways.
I am blessed, and I am thankful. . .

Today, I am overflowing with gratitude...
One morning several months ago, I said a prayer that I often say: "Lord, please use me to bless someone today." I believe He always answers this prayer, but most of the time, I'll never know how He choses to do it. Anyway, on this particular day, I met someone who seemed to feel a little out of place in her surroundings (been there & it's never fun!) so I volunteered myself as her pal for the day. In allowing me to be a small blessing to her that day, God gave me an even bigger blessing: her friendship. Since that day, she and I have enjoyed tea parties at my house, lunches out, doggie play dates, and more. Today was one of those tea parties. (She makes a splendid cucumber sandwich!)
On Sunday, I had one of those days where it seemed that everything everyone said to me--during our Sunday school lesson, through the sermon, and even in casual conversations--was coming directly from God right out of my teachers/pastor/friends mouths. He's been doing it all week. It amazes me that God cares so much about me, to speak straight to me that way. I wonder just how big this thing is that He's teaching me, and I'm a little amused and humbled by His persistance in making sure I "get it." (Thank you, Lord, for knowing I'm hard-headed sometimes and loving me anyway!)
And today, more "kisses from God," to borrow a new phrase I love. More ways He shows me how much He loves me, how much He cares about the minute details of my life. Today's mail brought the tangible blessings of written words of encouragement and gratitude. It also brought blessings that left me speechless. But that (the speechlessness!) never lasts long {grin}, and I am just so full that I had to spill a little of my gratitude to my Savior for loving me so much. And thank you, friends, for letting Him use you in big and small ways.
I am blessed, and I am thankful. . .


