I've talked about what "love hard" has come to mean to me. I first heard it from Nita and Drew, and I've been so inspired by how they've chosen to walk that out. Then God started teaching me so much about what love really is (several posts on here about that). I've been learning we that we ought to love as hard as we can, as extravagantly as God loves us (a brief post on my other blog about that here.) "Love hard" is also a reminder to me that loving others won't always be easy. In marriage, we must make a choice to love our spouse even when times get tough, even when we don't "feel" the mushy, love-y feelings. The same goes for parenthood, particularly when we bring a young stranger or two into our home to join our family (through adoption); life--and love--may get harder for a while. But when love gets hard, we just have to love harder.
I don't want to forget these lessons I'm learning. And I love pretty, shiny things. So I combined the two! Silver + heartfelt reminder = intentional jewelry!
Ken wanted a new sling/backpack camera bag, so I told him to go ahead and buy it and consider that his anniversary present from me. I told him this can be my anniversary present. (Our wedding anniversary is coming up on the 24th of this month.) We're not really into gifts anyway, so we usually skip gift-giving altogether, and just try to go do something we both enjoy. I'd prefer that over gifts any day, and so would he. But isn't this necklace pretty? It's from The Vintage Pearl (love the name!). You can customize them to say anything--as long as it will fit! I love that this is pretty but casual enough for me to wear every day. And every time I hear it jingle or feel it move, I remember to "love hard."

I don't want to forget these lessons I'm learning. And I love pretty, shiny things. So I combined the two! Silver + heartfelt reminder = intentional jewelry!
Ken wanted a new sling/backpack camera bag, so I told him to go ahead and buy it and consider that his anniversary present from me. I told him this can be my anniversary present. (Our wedding anniversary is coming up on the 24th of this month.) We're not really into gifts anyway, so we usually skip gift-giving altogether, and just try to go do something we both enjoy. I'd prefer that over gifts any day, and so would he. But isn't this necklace pretty? It's from The Vintage Pearl (love the name!). You can customize them to say anything--as long as it will fit! I love that this is pretty but casual enough for me to wear every day. And every time I hear it jingle or feel it move, I remember to "love hard."

