15 March 2009

Updated Family Photos

Brandon called earlier this week and said he didn't like the senior portraits he had done (not by us), and asked if we'd do some new ones. All the kids have to use one particular company in order to have a photo in the yearbook (a scam, if you ask me). But for his graduation announcements, he wanted better photos.

I updated the photos in the "Meet My Family" page on my blog. The photos of Ken and Kathryn are new, too; Ken's is from a day last weekend when we played around to update the "about us" section on our website (still working on that), and the one of Kathryn was one day earlier this week when I noticed how adorable her tiny little freckles are, and I wanted to get a photo that showed them. Go take a look!

I might have more family photos to add soon! Earlier this week, I spoke with our caseworker about those kids we met--the ones I've written about here a time or two. She submitted our home study to their caseworker, so next week we hope to hear back on whether she thinks we'd be a good match for them. Looks like they want to place them even sooner than we'd thought (really soon!), so we were in an excited panic the day we found out about that. It's so hard to explain the weird feelings in this whole adoptive process; sort of like being in labor but not knowing which kids I'll deliver or when! My friend Jen told me she sees me as "spiritually pregnant" right now, so I guess that would be the year-plus we've been in-process of getting approved and all that. A few days before we talked to our caseworker, I had a dream that I was in labor but it was taking F-O-R-E-V-E-R for things to get going, and I was complaining to everyone at this big weird dream-hospital that my first labor was really fast and I didn't understand why this was so slow. When I woke up, the first thing I though of was what Jen had said, and I decided that my dream was about this "spiritual labor" I'm in now.

  ©Blog Design by Amy Bayliss.

Return to top