Hardly a day goes by without me praying for wisdom. Wisdom is absolutely required in parenting, but it doesn't come automatically! Some days I make a point of praying for wisdom as a part of my morning routine, but there are a whole lot of times I have to pray on-the-fly as challenges of life come up. There are just w-a-y too many things that are beyond my human capacity for figuring out, so I need all the divine wisdom I can get!
This passage is one that inspires our homeschool, but I reread the passage yesterday and paid more attention to the second part:
So we'll be working more on making changes in our homeschool and our daily lives so we may "be transformed by the renewing of [our] mind, so that [we] may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2) As we make these changes, I'll be sharing about them here in blogland. First up (next week, I hope): a revamp of our schedule and a few additions/modifications to our schoolwork.
This passage is one that inspires our homeschool, but I reread the passage yesterday and paid more attention to the second part:
"For wisdom will enter your mind, and knowledge will delight your heart. Discretion will watch over you, and understanding will guard you, rescuing you from the way of evil." Proverbs 2:10-12aTrue wisdom --the kind that comes from God-- is what I desire for myself, but I also want to impart it to my kids. In fact, it's what I'm called to do as a parent: disciple my children. I've been praying about how we can reflect this as a main priority in our lives. Wisdom is what will enable us to live in a way that glorifies and honors Christ.
So we'll be working more on making changes in our homeschool and our daily lives so we may "be transformed by the renewing of [our] mind, so that [we] may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God." (Romans 12:2) As we make these changes, I'll be sharing about them here in blogland. First up (next week, I hope): a revamp of our schedule and a few additions/modifications to our schoolwork.

