Would everybody in our household PLEASE just stay healthy?
Kathryn wasn't feeling well this week; not sure what she had exactly, but she sure didn't feel good. Already in this very young year, we've had three weeks when one of the girls wasn't well. When one of us is sick, I'm even more thankful that we homeschool because we can still do some of our work, and I don't have to send them off when I'm not sure if they are all better yet. Here's how Kathryn spent most of the week, camped out on the sofa with her pillow, books, and stuffed animal pals...
This week, we've "visited" Canada, continued with all of our readings, Lindsey kept with Life of Fred in math, and both girls are working on typing skills (and having a blast doing it) with Dance Mat Typing. I had only planned to assign a lesson each week, but they both love it so much they asked if they could do a lesson each day. They've already met a belly-dancing hippo named Dainty, a flamenco-dancing flamingo, a break-dancing turtle, and a giraffe that does the limbo. It's silly fun, but they both feel like their typing skills are already improving. And it's free! (Free is good!)
It's extremely windy and drizzling a very cold rain today (brr!), but if we don't blow away, I hope to get a bit more organizing done this weekend so it'll be easier to start on some of those changes I mentioned in yesterday's post. I'll also be eagerly anticipating another package from Amazon. Is it just me, or does a package at the front door get you just as excited as a little kid at Christmas?
Kathryn wasn't feeling well this week; not sure what she had exactly, but she sure didn't feel good. Already in this very young year, we've had three weeks when one of the girls wasn't well. When one of us is sick, I'm even more thankful that we homeschool because we can still do some of our work, and I don't have to send them off when I'm not sure if they are all better yet. Here's how Kathryn spent most of the week, camped out on the sofa with her pillow, books, and stuffed animal pals...

This week, we've "visited" Canada, continued with all of our readings, Lindsey kept with Life of Fred in math, and both girls are working on typing skills (and having a blast doing it) with Dance Mat Typing. I had only planned to assign a lesson each week, but they both love it so much they asked if they could do a lesson each day. They've already met a belly-dancing hippo named Dainty, a flamenco-dancing flamingo, a break-dancing turtle, and a giraffe that does the limbo. It's silly fun, but they both feel like their typing skills are already improving. And it's free! (Free is good!)
It's extremely windy and drizzling a very cold rain today (brr!), but if we don't blow away, I hope to get a bit more organizing done this weekend so it'll be easier to start on some of those changes I mentioned in yesterday's post. I'll also be eagerly anticipating another package from Amazon. Is it just me, or does a package at the front door get you just as excited as a little kid at Christmas?


