For some reason, it seems that lately I've been receiving praise for things I've been doing, and I'm not entirely sure how to process it. I don't ever want it to morph into how great I am, but I do want to let my light shine so that others may see and praise my Father in heaven. That's a hard, weird balance because I do want others to see what He is doing through me -- and THAT's exactly the point: it is GOD doing it through me.
What I wish, I suppose, is that everyone who hears about these good works could know how amazing it is that God is using me, of all people. I'm nothing but a cracked clay pot. But now I have great treasure (Jesus Christ) inside me. I am so unworthy of the praise I receive. It's difficult to know how much to share about my past, but suffice it to say that I was NOT walking with Christ; I lived life with my hands (figuratively) over my ears so I didn't have to hear God's voice. But the wonderful, amazing, glorious thing is that Jesus reached right down and pulled me out of the muck of my life. It seems that the greater I realize the depth of my previous depravity, the greater things He chooses to do with my life. He is redeeming the time I wasted. I am utterly overwhelmed by His mercy.

